June 6, 1913: Radford University’s first faculty members were elected.
June, 1913: The first class catalog was published under the instruction of Dr. John P. McConnell.
June 6-9, 1914: Radford University’s first commencement exercises took place with five in the graduating class.
June 8, 1914: Marjorie Combs was the first student to receive a diploma from Radford University.
June, 1921: Lorena Caldwell was the first to receive the bachelor of science degree.
June 5, 1922: The Alumnae Association held its first formal meeting. The first constitution of the Alumnae Association was written in 1920.
June 1-3, 1929: Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority was established as the first sorority.
June 28, 1929: A nine-hole golf course was laid out on campus for instruction and use by the golf club.
June 4, 1932: The McConnell Library was dedicated at commencement.
June 24, 1944: Name change to “Radford College, Women’s Division of Virginia Polytechnic Institute.”
June 27, 1944: The first meeting of the Board of Trustees of Radford College Women’s Division of Virginia Polytechnic Institute was held.
June 15, 1965: The Radford College Choral Club, under the direction of Dr. Lloyd Zurbrigg, performed at the World’s Fair in New York. They toured the sites of New York, were announced at the U.N., and attended the “Ed Sullivan Show” at the C.B.S. Television Studios.
June 8, 1972: Legislation was passed authorizing Radford College as a coeducational institution.
June 26, 1980: The air-supported roof of the Dedmon Center was raised for the first time. (The Dedmon Center was only the tenth permanent structure built in the nation with an air-supported fabric roof).
June 1, 2005: Penelope Ward Kyle (see photo above) became Radford’s sixth President (and first female president).