July 26, 1910: The first meeting of “The Board of Trustees of the State Normal and Industrial School for White Women at Radford” was held.
July 9, 1949: Ingles Hall was dedicated as part of Homecoming festivities.
July, 1965: Dr. John G. Barker was named the school’s first Vice President.
July 5, 1978: President Donald Dedmon and VPI President William Lavery signed agreement for an ROTC program to be offered at Radford.
July 1, 1979: Radford celebrated its fifth name change and became known as “Radford University.”
July 24, 2008: The Big South Conference launched a year-long celebration of its 25th Anniversary. Radford Women’s Basketball in the years 1986-96, Dante Washington (see photo) of Radford Men’s Soccer (1988-1992), and Men’s Tennis star, Martin Sayer (2005-present), were listed among the “Best of the Best” moments in League history.