Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
The faculty and staff of the School of Social Work at Radford University believe that the highest quality of social work education builds on the values and ethics of the profession. We fully integrate cultural competence into our strengths based approach and strive to promote social justice at all system levels. We utilize the ecological systems perspective to guide our understanding of individuals in the socially constructed environment. Our students graduate with strong advocacy skills, use evidence-based models, and have the ability to evaluate their own practice.
The School of Social Work prepares social work professionals who are capable of adapting their practice to the environments in which they work. The program context comprises a dynamic mix of small cities and rural settings. We build and maintain partnerships with the surrounding communities that are dually focused on education and service. The signature pedagogy of our School is the integration of coursework in the field placement.