Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Nursing: Pre-License
- Emergency Services
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Nursing: Accelerated Pre-License
- Surgical Technology
- Public Health
- Healthcare Administration
- Respiratory Therapy
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Center for Interprofessional Education and Practice
- Health Sciences
- Nursing: Post-Licensure
- Department of Occupational Therapy
- School of Nursing
- Clinical Simulation Center
- Applied Physiology Laboratory
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- School of Social Work
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Online Continuing Education for Registered Nurses
Registered nurses in the Commonwealth of Virginia are required to renew their licenses every two years. The Radford University School of Nursing has been approved by the Virginia Nurses Association as an approved provider of nursing continuing education (CE) for registered nurses. Check with your state Board of Nursing (BON) for contact hours needed for license renewal.
Radford University School of Nursing offers a variety of online courses that help nurses meet CE requirements for license renewal. All courses are developed in adherence with the ANCC educational design criteria and will count toward license renewal requirements.
The online courses are:
- Convenient — Nurses can complete the courses any time and any place an internet connection is present.
- Current — All courses were developed by active nursing faculty or practicing nurses on topics relevant to today’s health issues.
- Cost-effective — Courses are offered at $15/CE.
Inquiries and questions about continuing education for nurses in Virginia:
Dr. Wendy Downey