Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Nursing: Pre-License
- Emergency Services
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Nursing: Accelerated Pre-License
- Surgical Technology
- Public Health
- Healthcare Administration
- Respiratory Therapy
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Center for Interprofessional Education and Practice
- Health Sciences
- Nursing: Post-Licensure
- Clinical Simulation Center
- Applied Physiology Laboratory
- School of Social Work
- Department of Occupational Therapy
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- School of Nursing
100% Available Online
The four-year Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration curriculum provides a broad base of knowledge and skills to prepare students with general analytical, communication, and management competencies for professional roles in the field of healthcare management. This program will prepare you to work within the fundamental “business” aspects of healthcare.
The Radford University Carilion Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration and Master of Healthcare Administration degree programs have been ranked as one of the top 20 programs in the nation by the website Healthcare Management Degree Guide.
A degree in healthcare administration provides the foundation upon which the “business” of healthcare and patient care is built. The four-year curriculum provides a broad base of knowledge and skills to prepare students with the needed general analytical, communication, and management competencies for professional jobs in the field of healthcare administration. The program is offered almost exclusively online to provide flexibility and convenience for students to balance work, life and their education. Radford University Carilion offers four specialties areas: long term care, medical practice management, healthcare management (human resources or finance) and capstone (research).
Successful graduates will become:
- knowledgeable and skilled in general business management concepts and practices
- effective managers within healthcare organizations that include complex competitive, regulatory, and legal environments
- knowledgeable in a broad range of social, behavioral, and environmental factors that influence individual and population health in the U.S.
- able to apply, integrate, and synthesize acquired knowledge and skills toward the resolution of practical managerial issues and problems
What makes this program different?
- Carilion Clinic. As a student at Radford University Carilion you will be part of a healthcare clinic that employs nearly 13,000 healthcare professionals and has facilities that span over 200 miles. You will have access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, national leaders in all areas of healthcare practice and administration, and opportunities to learn in the company of CEOs, COOs, subject matter experts, financial analysts, human resources administrators, and many more national experts in the field of healthcare administration.
- Specialized Internship Opportunity. You will have the opportunity to participate in a unique real-world internship. This experience is not typical at this level of study, but Radford University Carilion offers students the opportunity to fulfill an internship in a chosen specialty area to enhance their understanding of their field with hands-on learning, networking, and mentorship opportunities.
- Interprofessionalism. We provide our students with opportunities to interact and learn beside a broad range of healthcare providers, so they’re prepared to collaborate across specialties from the start of their careers
- Employment and Graduate Studies. The program’s employment placement is 100% on or near graduation, and for those looking to continue their education, there’s an express-path into the Radford University Carilion Master of Healthcare Administration program. Whether you are seeking employment or an advanced degree in healthcare administration, this undergraduate degree is an ideal starting point.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration opens the door for entry-level positions in larger healthcare organizations and mid-management positions in smaller facilities. Graduates often begin their careers as managers in healthcare finance, human resources, and daily operations of hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and other related organizations. Radford University Carilion graduates become successful healthcare professionals across a wide range of healthcare settings, including:
- Hospitals (inpatient and outpatient)
- Physician offices
- Long-term care facilities
- Home healthcare services
- Employment services
- Rehabilitation centers
- Government agencies
- Outpatient care centers
- Social assistance agencies
- Educational institutions
- Research institutions
- Public health
This program is designed for high school graduates, and for students transferring from another college or university. It is an entry-level bachelor’s degree program, and you don’t need a healthcare background to get started.
Radford University Carilion is authorized by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) to offer postsecondary education in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Radford University Carilion is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate, Baccalaureate, Masters and Doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Radford University Carilion