Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Nursing: Pre-License
- Emergency Services
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Nursing: Accelerated Pre-License
- Surgical Technology
- Public Health
- Healthcare Administration
- Respiratory Therapy
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Center for Interprofessional Education and Practice
- Health Sciences
- Nursing: Post-Licensure
- Department of Occupational Therapy
- School of Nursing
- Clinical Simulation Center
- Applied Physiology Laboratory
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- School of Social Work
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
The Department of Communication and Disorders is pleased to offer students a variety of funding opportunities.
Radford University Foundation Scholarships
- Candice Crizer McDearmon Memorial Scholarship - Mr. Gerald McDearmon established this scholarship in memory of his wife who was a Roanoke school speech-language pathologist and RU alumnus. Award amount varies annually.
- James E. Nicely Scholarship for Graduate Studies in Communication Sciences and Disorders - Dr. James Nicely is Professor Emeritus of Communications Sciences and Disorders. His colleagues and family established this scholarship in his honor. Award amount varies annually.
- Scottish Rite Research Scholarships - These scholarships are funded by the Scottish Rite Masons. Award amounts vary annually. Summer Scottish Rite scholarships are also available.
Waldron College Scholarships:
- Elbert H. & Evelyn J. Waldron Scholarship (multiple scholarships available)
- Elbert H. & Evelyn J. Waldron College of Health and Human Services Scholarship (multiple scholarships available)
- Kathy Green Scholarship (undergraduates only)
- New River Valley Health Foundation, Inc. Scholarship (multiple scholarships available)
Deadline to apply is February 5th. For more information or to apply visit this site: Foundation Scholarship Application Process
We offer approximately 15 graduate assistantships within our department or the university to incoming graduate students.
Communication Disorders Foundation of Virginia (CDF)
This organization offers one $4000 scholarship (Rita Purcell-Robertson Scholarship) and one $2500 scholarship (David H. Narburgh Scholarship) for the 2019-2020 academic year. View CDF application requirements and deadlines.
Congratulations to past recepients of CDF Scholarships, Emily Speaks (class of 2019) and Megan Bell (class of 2018)!