Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Emergency Services
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Surgical Technology
- Public Health
- Healthcare Administration
- Respiratory Therapy: Pre Licensure
- Department of Occupational Therapy
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Center for Interprofessional Education and Practice
- Health Sciences
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- School of Social Work
- Applied Physiology Laboratory
- Respiratory Therapy: Post Licensure
- Department of Public Health and Healthcare Leadership
The Department of Communication and Disorders is pleased to offer students a variety of funding opportunities.
Radford University Foundation Scholarships
- Candice Crizer McDearmon Memorial Scholarship - Mr. Gerald McDearmon established this scholarship in memory of his wife who was a Roanoke school speech-language pathologist and RU alumnus. Award amount varies annually.
- James E. Nicely Scholarship for Graduate Studies in Communication Sciences and Disorders - Dr. James Nicely is Professor Emeritus of Communications Sciences and Disorders. His colleagues and family established this scholarship in his honor. Award amount varies annually.
- Scottish Rite Research and Clinical Service Scholarships - These scholarships are funded by the Scottish Rite Masons. Award amounts vary annually. Click here to view research and clinical service projects. Summer Scottish Rite scholarships are also available.
Waldron College Scholarships:
- Elbert H. & Evelyn J. Waldron Scholarship (multiple scholarships available)
- Elbert H. & Evelyn J. Waldron College of Health and Human Services Scholarship (multiple scholarships available)
- Kathy Green Scholarship (undergraduates only)
- New River Valley Health Foundation, Inc. Scholarship (multiple scholarships available)
Deadline to apply is February 5th. For more information or to apply visit this site: Foundation Scholarship Application Process
We offer approximately 15 graduate assistantships within our department or the university to incoming graduate students.
Communication Disorders Foundation of Virginia (CDF)
This organization offers one $4000 scholarship (Rita Purcell-Robertson Scholarship) and one $2500 scholarship (David H. Narburgh Scholarship) for the 2019-2020 academic year. View CDF application requirements and deadlines.
Congratulations to past recepients of CDF Scholarships, Emily Speaks (class of 2019) and Megan Bell (class of 2018)!