Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Nursing: Pre-License
- Emergency Services
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Nursing: Accelerated Pre-License
- Surgical Technology
- Public Health
- Healthcare Administration
- Respiratory Therapy
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Center for Interprofessional Education and Practice
- Health Sciences
- Nursing: Post-Licensure
- Clinical Simulation Center
- Applied Physiology Laboratory
- School of Social Work
- Department of Occupational Therapy
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- School of Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Hands-On Experiences. Expert Faculty. Clinical Opportunities.
In support of Radford University’s commitment to providing students a transformative educational experience within a community of inclusivity and empowerment, the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is committed to cultivating excellence in student-centered learning and engagement. We foster innovative faculty-student collaborations and a supportive environment to inspire student success through a shared vision of inclusiveness and service within the campus community and beyond. Learn more about the Department of Communication and Sciences and Disorders.
Preparing Students for Academic and Career Success
COSD News and Announcements
We are currently accepting applications for our graduate program in Communication Sciences and Disorders. Apply now!
NSSLHA will hold elections for 2020-2021 officers at the end of August!
Graduate student orientation will take place on July 30th and 31st on Zoom. Be on the look out for an email with a Zoom link!
Radford University names Corey Herd Cassidy, Ph.D. as Executive Director of the newly-created Academic Success Center »
Radford University has named Professor of Communication Sciences and Disorders and Waldron College of Health and Human Services Associate Dean Corey Herd Cassidy, Ph.D. as Executive Director of the newly-created Academic Success Center effective June 1, 2020.
When Pennington heard about the Radford Amazonian Research Expedition program at Radford University, she knew that was a way for her to get first-hand research experience.
Student Spotlight: Joshua Tuggle
Joshua is a senior in the COSD program and was elected our NSSLHA Chapter President for the 2020-2021 year. He became interested in COSD because it was the perfect mixture between becoming a teacher and working in the medical field. Joshua is passionate about working with kids and would like to learn how his role as a SLP could help kids expand their literacy skills. He loves socializing and collaborating with others and would like to put his strengths towards helping children communicate for the first time. During his free time, he likes to spend time with his friends and watch supernatural shows. Joshua sees himself working in a school or private practice in the next 5 years and potentially pursuing a Ph.D. program afterwards.