The Waldron College Advising Center is staffed by a full-time Director of Advising, and graduate students trained to assist in advising. The Advising Center and the Academic Success Center serves as primary advisor for Pre-Communication Sciences and Disorders, Pre-Nursing, and some Pre-Social Work majors. The Advising Center serves as secondary advisor for the following majors: Communication Sciences and Disorders, Nursing, and Social Work. When you enter upper division Nursing, Communication Sciences and Disorders, or Social Work, you will be assigned a faculty advisor within that department. 

If you do not know who your advisor is, please check your degree audit (DegreeWorks) and your advisor is listed there. During peak advising times, students can schedule an advising appointment online using Starfish.  If a faculty advisor is not in Starfish, email them directly, or ask them during their office hours, to find out how to schedule an advising appointment.

Standards of Professional Practice Education

All students in the Waldron College of Health and Human Services must adhere to the Standards of Professional Practice Education. View the Standards of Professional Practice Manual [PDF].

University Requirements

This is a reminder that completing all degree requirements is the responsibility of the student.  Students need to use their Advising Manual, along with the University Catalog and Student Handbook. A few general requirements are listed below:

  • Students may repeat up to three courses, and withdraw from five courses, while at RU.
  • Always double check your list of classes approved for the Core Curriculum – if you take a course not  on the approved list, you will not be able to use it for a requirement.
  • Students may take courses during the summer at RU or at another school for transferring back to RU (for transfer classes, check with the Registrar’s Office first so you know how the class will transfer back to RU).
  • At least 45 credits (and 50% of major requirements) must be completed at Radford University.
  • To graduate with Latin Honors, the student must graduate with at least a 3.5 overall GPA and complete at least 60 credits at RU (if less than 60 hours, “with distinction” is given).