Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
School of Nursing
Prospective Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Students who enter Radford University as freshmen and declare nursing as a major are considered a pre-nursing students. Students who entered RU as full-time freshmen with a declared pre-nursing major and have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a minimum of 24 semester hours of credit at RU and who have no honor code violations will receive a priority admission status to upper division School of Nursing at the end of the second semester of the enrollment, contingent upon maintaining a 3.5 GPA, having no honor code or substance abuse infractions, and completion of the following prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or above:
- CHEM 102. General Chemistry OR
- CHEM 103. General Chemistry OR
- CHEM 120. Living Systems
- PSYC 230. Lifespan Developmental Psychology
- SOCY 110. Introduction to Sociology
- NUTR 214. Introduction to Nutrition
- STAT 200. Introduction to Statistics
- BIOL 322. Anatomy and Physiology
- BIOL 334. Microbiology
- NURS 321. Pathophysiology
Propective Nursing students must take the Kaplan Nursing Admissions Exam [PDF] (KNAT) prior to application deadline.
Students must apply for admission to the upper division nursing major application [PDF]. All students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above to apply to the upper division nursing major. However, the actual GPA required for admission may be significantly higher. Admission is competitive, with admission granted on a space available basis.
Transfer students are advised that after 24 credit hours are earned at Radford University, the Radford GPA is used for admission. Transfer students who have earned less than 24 hours at Radford University are advised that the combined GPA for all course work is considered. Credit may be earned for select courses by examination (CLEP, ACT-PEP).
*Applicants must be admitted to Radford University prior to admission to the upper division major.
Prospective Graduate Admission Requirements