Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Waldron College Student Ambassadors
What is the role of a Waldron College Student Ambassador?
As a Student Ambassador, the student will have the opportunity to represent the undergraduate and graduate student body of Waldron College and participate in campus events that relate to admissions, student retention, and alumni affairs. While expanding his/her own professional knowledge and experience, the Ambassador will provide a student perspective to potential students and their families, current students, and alumni while working with the Waldron College Advising Center and Office of the Dean.
What can be expected of a Waldron College Student Ambassador?
Student Ambassadors should expect to attend a mandatory training session at the beginning of the academic year. Additionally, Ambassadors will attend one monthly meeting throughout the academic year (4-6x) with the Associate Dean to discuss upcoming events and various topics related to professionalism within the fields of health and human services. Ambassadors will also be required to participate in a minimum of four events per year to maintain active membership status. During all official Waldron College functions, the Ambassador will wear a provided badge with his/her name and the official RU logo.
Waldron College Student Ambassadors will contribute to the college in the following capacities:
- Building and campus tours to prospective students, families, prospective faculty and guests
- Serve as mentors to interested pre-majors
- Admissions Open Houses
- Highlander Days
- Commencement Ceremonies
- Other Department/School and Waldron College events
The Waldron College Student Ambassador can expect to benefit by participating in:
- Professional, leadership, mentoring, and interpersonal activities
- Activities to enhance interprofessional practices among the disciplines
- Networking opportunities with constituencies, administration, and alumni
- Resume building opportunities
- Professional development opportunities
- Recognition of Student Ambassadors at graduation
What are the selection criteria of a Waldron College Student Ambassador?
Each department/school will be responsible for completing the selection process within the following minimum guidelines.
Student Ambassadors must:
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or bette
- Be recognized by the department/school faculty as a student leader
- Be available to participate in Waldron College functions
- Have a dynamic personality and strong character
- Be an articulate speaker