News & Events
Professors provide expertise to media outlets
Radford University professors provided their expertise to a variety of media outlets:
- Nursing students are putting their flu education to the test this year, reported WDBJ7.
- Plans for the next building on campus were announced by Radford University. The Roanoke Times and WDBJ7 reported on the announcement.
- Rachel Santos, professor of criminal justice, and Roberto Santos, assistant professor of criminal justice, received a $106,000 grant from the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services to implement Stratified Policing and evidence-based crime reduction as well as improve community engagement in local police departments in Southwest Virginia. WDBJ7 covered the criminal justice professors’ first training session.
- Egan Green, professor of criminal justice, conducted research in Brazil in late 2016, where he was interviewed by a Brazilian TV station about animal trafficking. Notice: the interview is in both English and Portuguese.
- Geology Professor Skip Watts, who is leading testing on Natural Bridge, was interviewed by The Roanoke Times regarding the state of the study.
- Criminal Justice Assistant Professor Luke William Hunt appeared on 1140 WRVA to discuss Robert Mueller’s investigation.
- Economics Assistant Professor Tom Duncan discussed the government shutdown with WFXR 21/27.