School of Nursing
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Direct Admission to Nursing Major
Students who are interested in pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) can now be directly admitted to the Nursing major at both Main Campus and Radford University Carilion! Traditional BSN students are required to meet progression criteria at the end of both freshman and sophomore years to progress into the upper division nursing coursework.
Why choose a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing? The BSN degree prepares graduates for the professional roles of a registered nurse and includes coursework in leadership, nursing research, and community health nursing. Graduates of the BSN program are prepared to deliver and evaluate quality patient care while demonstrating clinical competency, critical thinking skills and patient advocacy. The BSN program builds upon a strong foundation of general education courses and prepares students to take the National Council Licensure Exam-RN (NCLEX-RN).