Erasmus Program

View photos from Romania and the Transilvania University of Brasov (UTB).


Radford University has partnered with Transilvania University of Brasov (UTB) to give students a unique opportunity to study abroad for a semester at minimal cost.

UTB is a public institution of higher education with a tradition of over half a century and has the mission of providing and developing the resources and instruments for high quality teaching and scientific research. UTB is located in the city of Brasov, a cultural and tourist center of Romania. The University includes 18 departments with a total of about 20,000 students and 800 faculty members. For more information on UTB, visit the UTB website and the Erasmus Student Guide.


What is the Erasmus + Program?

Named after the traveling Renaissance philosopher, the Erasmus + program aims to promote learning abroad by funding partnerships between academic institutions, student exchange and teacher mobility programs. The Erasmus + Program is funded by the European Union Commission.

What courses can I take?

The courses offered at UTB include: Computer Science, Mathematics, Management, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Communication, Sociology, Literature, Physical Education, Literature and more. 

What are the costs of the program?

Radford Students will have free tuition through Erasmus + funding as well as a $750 airfare grant through the CGEE. Erasmus + will also provide students with a 150 Euro/month cost of living stipend. Students will be responsible for any costs over and above the stipend including accommodation costs at around 70 Euros/month.

When does the semester begin and end?

The Spring Semester begins on February 22, 2018 with finals ending the first week of July.

When should I apply?

The application deadline is October 31st.

How do I apply?

Please begin the application process by completing the CGEE application. In addition, please respond to this essay question: If selected to be the Erasmus + nominee from Radford University, how do you think this experience will impact your future?

Send your response via email to with the email subject “Erasmus Essay.” If you are selected by the Radford University CGEE, a nomination letter will be sent to UTB. Students accepted into UTB are required to obtain a student visa and fill-out the proper Erasmus + documents (additional information is provided in the Incoming Erasmus + Student Guide). If you have further questions please direct your questions to Study Abroad Advisor at