Tax Information

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is the United States government agency responsible for the collection of federal income taxes. All non-immigrants in F or J status (both the principal and all dependents) are required to file an individual income tax return if they were physically present in the U.S. during the tax year, even if they had no U.S. source income of any kind. Please be aware that there are penalties for failure to file a tax return.

Radford University does not provide any workshops or instructions on filing taxes for international students and scholars. Individuals are encouraged to seek tax advice from the many tax business in the Radford, Blacksburg or Christiansburg area prior to filing their taxes.

Articles about filing taxes as an international student: