College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
2024/2025 Freshman Scholarships
The scholarships listed below are available to qualifying first year students. Students must present a minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) and demonstrate an outstanding level of achievement in theatre through the presentation of an audition or portfolio and interview. Students must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA at RU and good conduct to renew the scholarship each year.
First Year Theatre Scholarship
Tuition Award: $3,000
Renewable for three additional years as the Nancy Necessary Pridemore Scholarship. Total Award over four years: $12,000.
Kathleen Harvey Harshberger Scholarship (Performance Track)
Tuition Award: $1,000
Renewable for three additional years. Total award over four years: $4,000.
GeorgAnne Voland Buck Scholarship
Tuition Award: $1,400
First year only.
College of Visual and Performing Arts Talent Awards
Tuition Award: Varies with need.
How to Apply for Theatre Scholarships:
Students will be considered for these scholarships if:
- They provide a completed application for admission to the University by January 16, 2024
- And submit a letter of application and following scholarship materials to the Department Chair by Feb. 16th. This letter should state your academic/career goals and what receiving such a scholarship would mean to you.
- You should also submit a resume outlining your theatrical experience, extracurricular activities, community service, honors/awards, etc. along with your letter of application.
- Selected finalists will participate in an audition/interview process in late February.
For more information or questions related to these and other RU scholarships, please contact Richard Dunham, Chair, at email@example.com or 540-831-5012.