College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
The Department of Design prepares students for careers as professional designers in fashion design and interior design; for careers in the merchandising of fashion and interior products; for careers in design management; for careers in design culture; and for a wide variety of related occupations in the fashion and interiors industries.
In preparing students for success in these exciting fields within the world of design, the department provides “hands on” experiences that enhance creativity and aesthetic sensibilities, while developing decision-making and creative problem solving skills for accommodating all functional, technical, legal, and business concerns within a design solution. Students may pursue a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Science degree. Course requirements (progress sheets) can be found in our Advising section.