College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Professor develops early childhood music program for preschool system
The Department of Music’s Jennifer Sutton McDonel, Ph.D. recently completed development on a two-year, early childhood music curriculum project which will be implemented in Primrose Schools this fall. McDonel helped develop the “Harmony & Heart” music and literature program with her colleague Heather Kirby. McDonel wrote the music curriculum for the program and recorded audio lessons that classroom teachers will play for children during ‘twice-a-day’ music periods.
“I am thrilled about the care and commitment Primrose Schools has toward the development of the whole child, including deep involvement in the arts, and their willingness to allow us to develop the curriculum as we saw fit based on our expertise,” said McDonel.
The full press release from Primrose Schools can be found here.