College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Guitar Performance Audition
Pre-level Audition for Level System
All Major Scales-2 octaves with cadences – V-I (per Duncan) with cadences (V-I-per Duncan) (Quarter =60mm)
Source: Duncan, Charles. "Guitar 2000: Technique for the Contemporary Serious Player." Publ.: Summy-Birchard
The student must demonstrate an acceptable tone quality. Tone Production Studies:
- Tarrega, Francisco. "Complete Technical Studies." Publ: Universal Ed.
- Giuliani, Mauro. "Giuliani Revisited" by Berg, C. (melbay.com)
- Pujol, Emilio. "Tone Studies" (H-0)
Two (2) contrasting solos preferably from the Renaissance and Baroque periods (one of which should be an etude). Source: "Guitar Series: Royal Conservatory-Album 3." Publ.: Frederick Harris Music or comparable.
Comparable in first position and limited to divisions of the beat only as small as eighth-notes.