All Participants – GIML PDLCs: ALL participants need to complete GIML registration form for GIML Professional Development Levels Courses (PDLCs).

RU Students: Register for graduate credit online through MyRU Portal (the way you normally do). You may register for summer classes at anytime during spring semester and until June 28 for Summer II.

Non-Matriculated Students: Click here to apply for graduate credit in Summer II Term, 2018.

  • Click on the "College of Graduate Studies and Research Application" link. You will be prompted to create an account or log in before going to the form. 
  • On the page listing program choice, scroll down the alphabetical list to select "Non-Degree Seeking" (NOT Music).
  • In the Admission Information section, please enter in the text box that you are applying to participate in the special “Teaching Music to Students with Special Needs” course (MUSC 691), so the Admissions office will know to provide the alternative options to the transcript.
  • There is a $50 application fee for non-matriculated students, in addition to course and other mandatory fees.
  • In lieu of a formal college transcript, teachers may submit an educator enrollment request form in place of submitting official transcripts, which is just a simple one-page form that the principal or other lead school personnel sign as documentation of a teacher’s employment and completion of a baccalaureate. If the teachers are in-state, that form will also double as documentation for in-state tuition rates.

If you need help, do not hesitate to email Dr. Jennifer S. McDonel (

* CEU Participants: CEU certificates also are available for an additional $15. Contact Jennifer McDonel for more information.