College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
What is Interior Design?
Interior designers are imaginative, creative, artistic, and resourceful. Interior designers know how look at a space or blueprint, and visualize the completed environment. Interior designers work with products, textiles, light, color and materials to create an aesthetic interior for their client. In addition, interior designers must understand the structural requirements of their plans, the health and safety issues, building codes, and many other technical aspects.
The Interior Design concentration at Radford University provides a comprehensive education, accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation, [CIDA]. Please see the Interior Design Concentration Mission and Goal Statement for more information.
Our educational experience at Radford University enhances your creativity while developing your decision-making skills for accommodating all functional, technical, legal and business concerns for a design solution.
Students develop entry-level competencies for positions including those in institutional, corporate, hospitality, retail and residential design.
Please see the Interior Design progress sheet for required courses.
Please see our Student Achievement & Institutional Data for more information.