College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Physical Contact Policy
Teaching dance is a physical activity and appropriate physical contact between students and teachers in class is essential to any dance training. Teachers may sometimes use hands on corrections to illustrate a concept to a student or to adjust parts of a student’s body.
The Department of Dance recognizes its responsibilities for safeguarding students and teachers and for protecting their welfare.
The following principles and procedures are in place:
a) Contact by the teacher is made with particular awareness of the needs of each individual, to assist the dancer in correcting placement
b) All teachers will treat any physical contact with due sensitivity and care
c) Contact will not involve force or the use of any instrument
Students should address any concerns with the faculty member and or the Chair of the Department.