College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
James W. Robey
James W. Robey serves as chair/associate professor in the department of dance at Radford University where he also proudly served as interim dean in 2022. He received his M.F.A. in Dance from the University of Wisconsin--Milwaukee (2010), his B.F.A in Dance from the University of Akron (1993) and his certificate of graduation from the Global Leadership Academy at Webster University (2017).
Among his achievements, Robey danced for the Metropolitan Opera Ballet Company in NYC; performed, taught, and presented internationally in Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Switzerland, Italy, the UK, Spain, and Austria; received the Messing Faculty Award in 2014 from Webster University; and wrote the textbook Beginning Jazz Dance. His research and practice explores the theory of Emergent Paradigms in Arts Leadership, Learning, and Creativity.
When not dancing in the studio, he enjoys spinning and sliding around his kitchen floor in socks while serving as sous chef to his lovely and multi-talented creative partner and wife, Melissa Gerth, who smartly insists he stand still when handling knives.