College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
B.F.A. Art Education
Our art education concentration is highly regarded in the region with an extensive network of alumni teachers. The concentration focuses on building the knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to be a successful K-12 art teacher. Students explore artistic development; practice lesson planning and curriculum mapping; apply best practices; and experiment with a variety of teaching methods. Students build their skills and confidence through class assignments, internships, and clinical experiences, culminating with a semester of student teaching. The department also hosts annual teaching workshops, which provide invaluable opportunities for our students to network and learn from active art educators.
As a B.F.A. degree, students develop a balanced artist-educator identity, graduating with both a strong art portfolio and teaching portfolio. The concentration requires a combination of studio art, art history, art education, and education courses. A complete list of art education courses can be found in the academic catalog.