College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
B.F.A. Concentration in Art Education:
Our art education concentration is highly regarded in the region with an extensive network of alumni teachers. The concentration focuses on building the knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to be a successful K-12 art teacher. Students explore artistic development; practice lesson planning and curriculum mapping; apply best practices; and experiment with a variety of teaching methods. Students build their skills and confidence through class assignments, internships, and clinical experiences, culminating with a semester of student teaching. The department also hosts annual teaching workshops, which provide invaluable opportunities for our students to network and learn from active art educators.
As a B.F.A. degree, students develop a balanced artist-educator identity, graduating with both a strong art portfolio and teaching portfolio. The concentration requires a combination of studio art, art history, art education, and education courses. A complete list of art education courses can be found in the academic catalog.