College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Galleries and Hours
Please call 540-831-5754 to confirm opening hours before you visit.
The Radford University Art Museum system has three main galleries and two smaller exhibition spaces located in student dormitories. The Art Museum at the Covington Center is the main gallery with 2200 square feet of exhibition space, bamboo floors, an integrated security system, and computerized climate control to preserve artwork. This gallery features exhibits by faculty, students, and international guests year-round. The Porterfield Gallery in Porterfield Hall is an intimate gallery used for exhibitions of alumni art as well as for current student art in the various studio areas. The Art Museum on Tyler is located at 214 Tyler Street in Radford and houses the annual Juried Student Art Show, along with other student shows. The two satellite galleries are located in Muse Hall and Tyler Hall.
Admission to the RU Art Museum is free of charge.
- Gallery in the Covington Center: By Appointment Only (please call 540-831-5754)
- Art Museum on Tyler: June 29 – July 21, 2017, noon-4 p.m. Monday through Saturday
Normal Hours during the academic year:
- Gallery in the Covington Center: Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm; Saturday/Sunday, noon-4pm
- Art Museum on Tyler: Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm; Saturday, noon-4pm
- Porterfield Gallery: Monday-Friday, 8am-noon & 1pm-5pm
- Satellite galleries in Muse and Tyler Halls are usually accessible 8am-8pm
The RU Art Museum galleries in the Covington Center, in Porterfield Hall, and on Tyler Street are closed whenever the university is closed. These galleries are also closed during fall break, winter break, and spring break, and on regular holidays such as Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Easter, Memorial Day, and July 4th. During the summer after graduation, the gallery in Covington is open by appointment only. The summer hours of the Tyler Street gallery depend upon student staff availability. Please call 540-831-5754 to confirm opening hours before you visit.