College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
The Radford University Art Museum system comprises four gallery spaces: The Art Museum at the Covington Center, the Art Museum on Tyler and two satellite galleries located in Muse Hall and Tyler Hall. Admission is free.
Paper Alchemy & Thurmanite®: James Thurman & Friends
Thursday September 16 - Friday November 19, 2021
“Paper Alchemy,” is an exhibition focused on Thurmanite®, a unique composite material developed by metalsmith James Thurman. Thurmanite® is made of layers of recycled paper bonded together with an environmentally-friendly plant-based resin. “Paper Alchemy” debuted in Istanbul, Turkey, this past Spring, and the Art Museum will host it this fall at Radford University. “Paper Alchemy” has a unique premise. Invited artists are provided with Thurmanite® to use in their own designs. Initially, the participants were all metalsmiths, but additional artists using a wide range of media have been added to the project.