College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Prospective Community of Artists (CoA) Students
Interested in joining the College of Visual and Performing Arts' Living-Learning Community?
Our Community of Artists (CoA) living-learning community in Trinkle Hall is for first year students, both freshman and transfers, who are majoring in Art, Dance, Design, Music, or Theatre. This program can provide you with opportunities to:
- Live with other visual and performing arts majors in a creative environment
- Take classes with students from your major and other arts disciplines
- Attend workshops led by faculty, upperclassmen, and guest artists
- Have input in creating activities you enjoy
- Participate in faculty-led travel opportunities
You will have input in selecting the activities and workshops that will help you succeed at Radford, as well as options for leadership roles, community service, and continued involvement with the community beyond your first year. The CoA is designed to support your needs as a new student and as a young professional in the arts.
The Trinkle Hall facility is the ideal spot for visual and performing arts students to live and create. It boasts in-hall access to specialized artistic work spaces, rehearsal studios, and lounge spaces for artists to rehearse, gather and socialize. Trinkle Hall is also conveniently located just a few steps away from performance and exhibition halls, studios, and classrooms.
Admission Requirements for the Community of Artists:
You must declare a major from the College of Visual and Performing Arts (Art, Dance, Design, Music, or Theatre) to be considered for the Community of Artists
If your intended major requires an audition (Dance, Music, or Theatre) you must complete a successful audition before you are fully admitted to the Community of Artists. Links to the departments audition information is below.
Space is limited, so we encourage you to apply early!
If you have questions email Dana Trask at firstname.lastname@example.org.