Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
Undergraduate Data and Information Management Internship
As directed, works closely with Enterprise Systems Applications Analysts, Project Leaders, and Senior Analysts in a research and development position to clean, transform, explore, analyze, process, secure, and test data and to produce data visualizations, presentations, and documentation. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with the latest industry tools, including IBM Cognos and Watson Analytics, and other tools that interact with Oracle databases in an Administrative Information Systems environment.
Demonstrated proficiency with a modern programming language and knowledge of database programming concepts, systems development principles, and industry best practices is required. Also required is the demonstrated ability to maintain close professional interactions and communication with IT staff and other stakeholders throughout the system development lifecycle.
This position is restricted to undergraduate students. Preference will be given to sophomores and juniors who are willing to continue the internship over the summer based on availability of funding. Applicants must include one letter of recommendation from a faculty member with knowledge of their research potential.
Email Dr. Jeff Pittges (firstname.lastname@example.org) a copy of your resume and a brief cover letter describing your qualifications, your commitment to work ten hours per week during the fall and spring semesters, and your availability over the summer should this position be extended. Your cover letter should identify a faculty member who will submit a letter of recommendation. The letter of recommendation should be sent directly to Dr. Pittges from the faculty member.