Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Department of Information Technology
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Biomedical Science
- Anthropological Sciences
- Biology Department
- Chemistry Department
- Department Name
- REALISE Students
- Department Name
- GIS Center
- Geospatial Science
- Forensic Science Institute
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- Radford University Planetarium
- Selu Observatory
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Physics
Carilion IT Internship - Summer 2017
Carilion is hiring interns to help manage their data, which supports various projects and departments within Carilion. This position would work closely with different teams within the organization. The specific responsibilities are outlined below.
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Dr. Pittges.
Review begin date: February 5, 2017
Applicants who submit by this date will be considered for the first round of review.
End of review date: March 31, 2017
Supports Carilion’s hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities. Provides project-based or operational support to various departments within Carilion. Utilizes educational experiences to complete specific assigned projects and assignments with direct benefit to the department, service line and/or Carilion.
- Performs projects as assigned by manager or mentor. May lead, participate in, or support project initiatives.
- Performs operational tasks that support departmental responsibilities and goals.
- Interacts with individuals at all levels of the organization as necessary, using whatever communication means are needed (e.g. e-mail, phone calls, face to face meetings).
- Manages data and information, and prepares reports and/or project summaries.
- Serves and participates on work teams as assigned.
- Exercises technical abilities with respective software to support project and/or operational tasks.
- Proactively seeks out duties and responsibilities and appropriately prioritize assignments.
- Meets with Manager/Mentor on a regular basis to discuss completed items, projects in progress and potential projects
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees.
- Champion Carilion's mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in a normal office setting.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with various departments.
- Must provide own transportation. Travel to Carilion facilities as necessary.
Typically a junior-senior level undergraduate student or student in a Master's degree program. Specific educational requirements defined for each internship.
Desired experience defined for each internship.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration:
Other Minimum Qualifications
Other desired qualifications (Microsoft Office, other system knowledge, interpersonal skills, etc) will be defined for each internship.