Venture Lab is an interdisciplinary learn-by-doing lab for innovation and entrepreneurship at Radford University. We believe that the American Dream of entrepreneurship should be inclusive and accessible to all.
Our mission is to inspire, empower, and motivate entrepreneurial students and faculty across all majors to serve as a force for good in society. To support the mission, Venture Lab provides experiential, real-world experiences, mentorship, networking, and changemaking opportunities.
Venture Lab's core values are seamlessly aligned with the core values of Davis College of Business and Economics and Radford University as a whole.
- Student Empowerment and Success — We engage and support our students in the discovery and pursuit of their own unique paths.
- Excellence — We expect our community to strive for the highest standards.
- Inclusiveness — We are committed to a spirit of cooperation and collaboration, embracing and honoring the diversity of our community.
- Community — We foster relationships and a culture of service within and beyond our university community.
- Intellectual Freedom — We encourage and defend a fearless exploration of knowledge in all its forms.
- Innovation — We inspire and support creativity in research, scholarship, pedagogy, and service.
- Sustainability — We are committed to integrating sustainable practices into all aspects of our operations and engage students across the curriculum to learn, discover and contribute to positive current and future environmental solutions.
- The lab will support key components of the university’s strategic plan, including: student success, access, economic development, sustainability, retention, and enrollment through entrepreneurial curriculum projects designed to address student-focused economic, social, and environmental complex problems. The focus will evolve as new strategic plans are unveiled.