Davis College of Business and Economics
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
B.B.A. in Accounting
All requirements for accounting majors in the Department of Accounting, Finance and Business Law are outlined below. Among these requirements (120 total credits) are a set of required courses, business core courses and 30 semester hours of major courses.
Our major prepares you to enter the fields of public, industrial, service, governmental and non-profit or tax accounting. It also provides an appropriate preparation to pursue graduate work in accounting or other areas of business.
The Virginia Board of Accountancy requires candidates taking the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam in Virginia to have a baccalaureate degree, 120 total semester hours of credits, 30 semester hours of accounting, and 24 semester hours of business in order to sit for the CPA exam. The requirements for other states may vary.
Business Core Courses (42 credit hours)
- ECON 105 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 106 - Principles of Microeconomics
- STAT 200 - Introduction to Statistics
- ACTG 211 - Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- ACTG 212 - Fundamentals of Managerial Accounting
- ITEC 281 - Data Management and Analysis with Spreadsheets
- BLAW 203 - Legal Environment of Business
- ECON 340 - Global Economy and Business
- MGNT 322 - Organizational Behavior
- MGNT 333 - Business Analytics for Decision Making
- MGNT 357 - Operations Management
- FINC 331 - Introduction to Business Finance
- MKTG 340 - Principles of Marketing
- MGNT 428 - Global Business Strategy
Major Required Courses (21 credit hours)
Major Elective Courses: (9 credit hours)*
Choose 3 of the following courses (at least two courses must have ACTG prefix):
- ACTG 401 - International Accounting
- ACTG 412 - Advanced Taxation
- ACTG 413 - Advanced Financial Topics
- ACTG 415 - Accounting Theory
- BLAW 304 - Business Law I
- FINC 332 - Intermediate Business Finance
- FINC 361 - Financial Innovation: Features and Applications
*To meet the innovation of the Davis College of Business and Economics, Accounting majors will be required to complete either ACTG 412, ACTG 415 or FINC 361.
- Varies from 12 to 24 credit hours depending on catalog year
You must have an overall GPA of at least 2.000 in all courses taken at Radford to graduate with the B.B.A. degree. In addition, you must have at least an overall 2.250 major GPA. For the purpose of computing the major GPA, the major is defined as all business core courses and the 18-30 hours prescribed for the major by the department. In addition, at least 50 percent of the business courses required for the B.B.A. degree must be taken at Radford University. Business courses are defined as those having the prefix ACTG, BLAW, COBE, ECON, ENTR, FINC, MGNT, or MKTG.