COBE Academic Advising
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Transfer Student FAQ
Considering Radford for Business:
- Finance (with or without a concentration in Insurance and Real Estate)
- Economics (Bachelors of Business Administration or Bachelors of Science)
- Management (with or without a concentration in Entrepreneurship)
State Policy on Transfer:
To encourage the transfer of students from the Virginia Community College System to Radford University, the State Policy on Transfer has been embraced by Radford University, effective Fall 1993. A student who transfers to Radford University from a Virginia Community College will be considered to have satisfied Radford’s general education requirements if any of the following is met:
- The student has by the time of transfer earned an Associate Degree from a Virginia community college based on a baccalaureate-oriented sequence of courses (i.e., the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science or Associate of Arts and Science); or
- The student is able to earn such a degree by successfully completing at a Virginia community college courses remaining for the Associate Degree concurrently with the first semester of enrollment at Radford; or
- The student will earn an Associate Degree as a result of credit earned during his or her first semester of enrollment at Radford, up to a maximum of 10 hours. Students who do not meet any of these criteria must complete Radford’s course-specific general education requirements.
The transfer degrees accepted as satisfying General Education at Radford University are the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science and the Associate of Arts and Science. Transfer credit evaluations are performed by the Office of Admissions. Questions concerning transfer credit may be directed to this office. Community college students completing the Transfer Module will receive credit toward completion of Radford’s general education requirements. Credits earned with a grade lower than “C” will not transfer to Radford University. Refer to the Radford University Transfer Guide (copies available from the Office of Admissions) for more detailed information concerning the State Policy on Transfer.
- Our office does not evaluate transcripts from other institutions, please contact the Radford University’s Office of Admissions regarding evaluations.
- Radford partners with Virginia community colleges to provide a list of preapproved courses that will transfer to Radford (after receiving a grade of a “C” or higher) and what the course will transfer in as.
- The VCCS Transfer Guide will help you determine the Radford equivalency
Yes! There are specific scholarships that are only offered to transfer students, and others that are offered for specific majors. They can be found at the following link:
http://admissions.asp.radford.edu/scholarship.aspx. Transfer students planning to apply for Radford
University scholarships must apply to the University by March 15th to be eligible for the scholarships.
After you have been admitted:
- New Transfers: After you attend Quest, you will be assigned an advisor. Once you attend, follow the steps below.
- Current Students: Your Degree Audit (DegreeWorks) will tell you.
- To find DegreeWorks: Login to your RU portal, click on “academics” and navigate to the left side of the screen until you see “Degree Audit (Degree Works). Your advisors name should be listed near the top of that screen.
- All business majors must complete a set of six pre-business courses before they can begin with their 300-400 level major specific courses. Pre-business courses include:
-MATH 126/MATH 151
- If these six courses are completed prior to transferring to RU and follow the transfer guidelines for receiving transfer credit, then students will be eligible to begin with their upper division major courses.
- If you are transfer in with all pre-business courses complete: You will automatically go straight into your major designated courses
- If you transfer in with one or more pre-business course remaining: You will work to complete the Pre-Business requirements. The semester that you are completing those requirements you will be required to apply to your major. You must have an overall GPA of a 2.25 and a pre-business GPA of a 2.000 the semester you are completing your pre-business.
- All of our business degrees have the same “pre-business” requirements. Generally the six pre-business courses and the University core are completed within the first two years at Radford.
- Both business majors would require the same pre-business and business core