Register for Services

Becoming a Registered Student in the CAS

  1. Complete the Student Registration Form and submit documentation from a treating provider no later than:
    1. April 15 if requesting Summer, Maymester, or Augustmester medical housing, classroom accommodations, and/or testing accommodations
    2. June 30 if requesting medical housing accommodations for the upcoming academic year due to a medical/ physical condition or qualifying disability
    3. July 31 for Fall semester classroom and testing accommodations
    4. Dec. 15 for Spring semester medical housing, classroom accommodations, and/or testing accommodations
    5. Last day of fall final exams for Wintermester accommodations

      NOTE: Once documentation is received and an interview has been completed, allow ten (10) business days for accommodation package processing.
  2. Complete an interview with a Disability Services Specialist (DSS) prior to the first day of classes, or as soon as possible if classes have started (i.e. Skype, face time, phone, or in-person interview).
  3. Attend Quest (See Below)
  4. Pick-up accommodation package once notified.
  5. Meet with professors/instructors during office hours to discuss accommodations and obtain the necessary signatures.
  6. Return white copy of the Academic Accommodations Contract to the Center for Accessibility Services within five (5) business days from when accommodations have been picked up.
  7. Submit a Request for Accommodations form EVERY subsequent semester immediately after registering for classes.
  8. Schedule a follow up appointment with a Disability Services Specialist if an accommodation is not being applied or additional support is needed. 

Quest Orientation

Quest is the campus orientation for new and transfer students. During this visit to campus is an excellent time to set up a meeting with a Disability Services Specialist.

The meeting is an interactive process between the Disability Services Specialist and student to discuss any challenges the student may face in the classroom and/or around campus. 

The Disability Services Specialist can request additional documentation to quality a requested accommodation. Further information is available in the Documentation Guidelines. The Center for Accessibility Services can provide a referral for Psycho-Educational Testing Centers and other resources.

Submit Documentation to the CAS:

  1. Hand deliver it to the Center for Accessibility Services in Suite 54-69 Tyler Hall
  2. Fax it to 540-831-6525
  3. Scan and attach in an email to 
  4. Mail a copy to:
    Center for Accessibility Services
    P.O. Box 6902
    Radford, VA 24142