This section is to provide examples of disabilities served, examples of possible accommodations a student may receive, and a partial listing of services CAS provides. This section is not meant to be exhaustive.
Examples of Disabilities Eligible for Services
- Learning (ie, reading, writing, etc.)
- Hearing Loss
* Temporary Disabilities: As a result of an illness or accident, a student may be eligible for temporary services. Upload medical documentation from your provider when completing the CAS Application for Services online form.
Examples of Accommodations in Which Students May be Found Eligible
- Alternate Text Formats
- Reduced Distraction Environment for Testing
- Extended Time for Tests
- Use of Dictation Software
- Note Taking Services
- Sign Language Interpreting Services
- Use of Reading Software
- Use of Assistive Listening Devices
- Use of Magnifiers
- Use of Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART)