Register for Services
Congratulations New Highlanders
Students seeking academic accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act must register with the Center for Accessibility Services (CAS) to determine eligibility. Students qualified for academic accommodations will receive accommodation letters and should meet with each course professor during office hours, to review and discuss accommodations. For more information, call 540-831-6350.
- Complete a Student Registration Form (PDF).
- Complete a Request for Accommodations Form (PDF).
- If available, submit medical documentation of the diagnosis.
- Upon receipt of the above information, a coordinator will contact the student to schedule a meeting (telephone or in-person) to discuss accommodations.
- Pick up accommodation package once notified.
- Meet with professors/instructors during office hours to discuss accommodations and obtain the necessary signatures.
- Return white copy of the Academic Accommodations Contract to the Center for Accessibility Services (CAS) within five (5) business days from when accommodations have been picked up.
- Submit a Request for Accommodations (PDF) form EVERY subsequent semester immediately after registering for classes.
- Schedule a follow up appointment with a coordinator if an accommodation is not being applied or additional support is needed.
If accommodations were assigned in high school, it is highly suggested that students register with the CAS and use accommodations from the first semester in college.
Center for Accessibility Services’ registration forms and/or medical documentation can be provided to the office by email, fax or in person at the CAS office.
- Hand deliver it to the Center for Accessibility Services (CAS) in Russell Hall, Third Floor, Suite 325
- Fax it to 540-831-6525
- Scan and attach in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail a copy to:
Center for Accessibility Services
P.O. Box 6902
Radford, VA 24142
- April 15 if requesting Summer, Maymester, or Augustmester medical housing, classroom accommodations, and/or testing accommodations
- June 30 if requesting medical housing accommodations for the upcoming academic year due to a medical/ physical condition or qualifying disability
- July 31 for Fall semester classroom and testing accommodations
- Dec. 15 for Spring semester medical housing, classroom accommodations, and/or testing accommodations
- Last day of fall final exams for Wintermester accommodations
Quest is the campus orientation for new and transfer students. During this visit to campus is an excellent time to set up a meeting with a CAS Coordinator.
The meeting is an interactive process between the coordinator and student to discuss any challenges the student may face in the classroom and/or around campus.
The Coordinator can request additional documentation to qualify a requested accommodation. The Center for Accessibility Services (CAS) can provide a referral for Psycho-Educational Testing Centers and other resources.
If you have completed and submitted all paperwork, had interview with your disability specialists, NOW WHAT?
On your return to school come by the Center for Accessibility Services Office, Russell Hall, Rm. 325 where we have your accommodation letters ready for you to pick up. Please allow 20 - 30 minutes to view our video, complete and sign the CAS Policy and Proceedure form, check your accommodation letters for accuracy and you are ready for class. The CAS is open M-F 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Returning Students who Sent in a Completed Request for Accommodations Form
Come by the Center for Accessibilty Services Office, Russell Hall, Rm. 325 where we have your accommodations letters ready for you to pick up. Please allow 15-20 minutes to sign a new Policy and Proceedure form, check your accommodation letters for accuracy and you are ready for class. The CAS is open M-F 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Returning Students who Failed to Send in a Completed Request for Accommodations Form
Your accommodation letters are not ready and all REQUEST FOR ACCOMMODATION FORMS submitted the first week of class will have to wait until time allows us to print your letters.