About the Center for Accessibility Services
The Center for Accessibility Services (CAS) is committed to providing equal educational opportunities for individuals living with disabilities. The CAS serves and supports students, parents, and visitors seeking reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act. The office is dedicated to the ongoing goal of access and inclusion so that an individual may fully participate in the university experience.
CAS is RESPONSIVE, RESILIENT, and REAL by promoting the following objectives:
- Promote equal access in curricular and co-curricular activities within the university setting.
- Empower students to self-advocate for needed resources.
- Create environments that are accessible, diverse, and inclusive.
Name, Position and Specialty/Case Load
Andrea Sharpe-Robinson , Director
- Radford University Carilion (RUC)
- New River Community College (NRCC) Bridge
- Visual/Assistive Technology
- Davis College of Business and Economics (DCOBE)
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services (WCHHS)
- Artis College of Science and Technology (ACST)
- College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA)
- College of Graduate Studies and Research (CGSR)
Jerome Thomas , Access Specialist
- Deaf & Hard of Hearing
- College of Education & Human Development (CEHD)
- College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences (CHBS)
Kathy Artom , Office Specialist / Manager
- Registration Specialist
- Work Studies
Katherine "Katie" Smith , Access Specialist
Mary Francis , RUC - Coordinator of Student Wellness