Requests for housing accommodations for the upcoming academic year will be accepted after April 1st, 2018.
The Center for Accessibility Services vets accommodations for Radford University housing, not off campus. Housing accommodations are not made for specific rooms or locations.
A request for housing accommodations will not be considered until the student has completed all of the necessary on-campus housing application requirements through Housing and Residential Life.
- After completing all components of the on-campus housing applications, a student with a disability, should contact the Center for Accessibility Services (CAS) to schedule an appointment with a CAS Disability Services Specialist.
- During this appointment the student and DSS will discuss the diagnosed disability, the student's housing concerns and options for accommodating the student.
- If the student and DSS determine that a housing accommodation request should be considered to assist the student, the DSS will provide the student with a Request for Housing Accommodations form which must be completed by a medical professional.
- After the form has been filled out in its entirety by a medical professional, it should be submitted to the Center for Accessibility Services office. The Center for Accessibility Services is located at 325 Russell Hall, fax number 540-831-6525, mailing address PO Box 6902 Radford, Virginia 24142, and emailed is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All completed Request for Housing Accommodatoin forms submitted to CAS will be presented to a committee for a decision. Students will be contacted by a CAS DSS once the committee has made their decision.
- If a student is granted a housing accommodation by the committee, CAS will inform the Housing and Residence Life office.