Note Taking Support Options/Apps
The purpose of note taking is to capture lecture or reading information effectively. Notes are an important tool for learning. Reviewing effective notes after class enables students to cement their learning.
- Audio record lectures with sound being linked to your notes
- Organize all your notes in one place
- Able to import/insert documents and pictures
- Use highlighters to annotate notes
- Access your notes from any device or operating system
- Free to Radford Students
- To start using go to Microsoft OneNote
- Use in class or for online learning
- Collect audio recordings, text notes and slides in one place
- Quickly navigate audio recordings to locate important information
- Become an active learner in class
- to begin using to to GLEAN
- Provides a live transcript of lectures
- Capture your thoughts, ideas as you walk or drive to classes
- Free version that provides 600 minutes per month, each month
- Paid version
Notability (Apple Store)
- Type notes, create sketches, and add tasks with Evernote software anywhere.
- Has a free plan, also offers free trials of their premium subscriptions.
- Provides templates for different types of notes.
- Ability to customize notes (sizes, fonts, colors, etc.)
- Detailed directions on how to use.
- Share notes with others.