Welcome Highlanders

Access. Empowerment. Inclusion.

The Center for Accessibility Services (CAS) is committed to the ongoing goal of access and inclusion so that all individuals on campus can fully participate in the university experience.  CAS serves and supports students, family members and visitors seeking reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

The Center for Accessibility Services (CAS) is the department on campus that approves official disability related accommodations that have been determined as reasonable through a completed interactive process with a student and the CAS offices.

CAS works with students on an individualized, case-by-case basis and engages in the interactive process. The interactive process is designed to allow the student, Access Specialist, and medical professionals to work together to determine barriers related to disability that substantially impact major life activitie(s) and what accommodation(s) may be reasonable for the student. 

Apply for CAS Services
Accommodation Information
ACCESS CAS Portal Information
Faculty & Staff Information

Registered CAS Students Please Be Aware of the Following Information

Students must submit a semester request to receive academic accommodations for each semester. Access Plans are not sent to professors unless a Semester Request has been submitted.  The student is responsible for selecting which approved accommodations they desire to use in each course(s). 

How to Submit a Semester Request

It is the student’s responsibility to inform the Center for Accessibility Services (CAS) that they are seeking an accommodation based on disability. A student notifying other departments or persons on campus about a disability does not inform the Center for Accessibility Services.

A reasonable accommodation is one that would allow an individual with a disability to compete at the same level as their peers without changing the fundamental nature of the program or activity.

  • Spring 2024 and Spring 2024 Fast Track A semesters are open in Access CAS.  
  • Students can request their accommodations for all classes (online, asynchronous, split, blended, face to face, etc.). The course type may determine what accommodations may be available.
  • Remember accommodations are not in place until you have talked with your instructor and both have agreed to and e-signed your Access Plan.

If at any time you would like to review accommodations or would like us to attend faculty meetings with you, contact CAS at cas@radford.edu