2019 First Destination Survey
What it is:
Every year the Center for Career and Talent Development asks seniors and graduates about what they are doing after commencement, whether they are working, going to graduate school or pursuing other interests. This brief survey takes no more than five minutes and their answers will remain confidential.
Why is it important?
Survey results are extremely valuable to future students and to Radford University. By encouraging students to complete this very short survey, you will help Radford University share our student’s success stories and meet the needs of future Highlanders. The information from this survey is used for college rankings, recruiting new Highlanders, submitted as part of accreditation reports and shared with SCHEV and NACE (National Association for Colleges and Employers). If students have not finalized their plans yet, please encourage them to fill out the survey. It will help us identify which students we need to support. Students will be given three opportunities to complete the survey and update their information.
What is in it for the student?
Once the student completes the survey, the student will be eligible to win a $250 Amazon gift card, cool t-shirts, and other prizes. Take the survey now on Handshake to be eligible for more prizes.
How to take the survey:
- Login to Handshake from the MY RU Portal
- Go to the “Career Center” Tab at the top of the screen
- Click on “First Destination Survey”
- Complete the “December 2019 First Destination Survey”
Faculty/Staff--How you can help:
Encourage your students to take the survey.
- Schedule the survey to be taken as part your capstone or senior level classes
- Integrate the survey in their advising appointments
- Invite students to take the survey at social events, club meetings, athletic practices or other planned programming on campus
Note: This survey is currently only intended for those graduates who will complete their degrees in May 2019.