First Destination Survey
What is it?
What is your First Destination? Every year we ask our students for more information about their post-graduation plans. Pursuing a particular passion? Going to graduate school? Starting a new job? We want to know! This survey should take no more than 5 minutes to complete.
Why is it Important?
Completing this short survey will help Radford University share our students' success stories and meet the needs of future Highlanders. The information from this survey is used for college rankings, recruiting new Highlanders, submitted as part of accreditation reports and shared with SCHEV (State Council of Higher Education for Virginia) and NACE (National Association for Colleges and Employers). Additionally, completion of the survey will help identify students who need further support.
Get rewarded for completing the survey! Once the survey is completed, students will be eligible to win a $250 Amazon gift card, cool t-shirts, and other prizes.
How Do I Take the Survey?
- Login to Handshake from the MyRU Portal
- Go to the “Career Center” Tab at the top of the screen
- Click on “First Destination Survey”
- Complete the “May 2020 First Destination Survey”
- Or click one of the buttons below
- Or scan the QR Code on a First Destination Survey handbill
Faculty/Staff - How You Can Help:
Encourage your students to take the survey.
- Schedule the survey to be taken as part of your capstone or senior level classes
- Integrate the survey in their advising appointments
- Invite students to take the survey at social events, club meetings, athletic practices or other planned programming on campus
Note: The most current survey is currently only intended for students who will complete their degrees in May 2020.