What is Family Support?
Each family involved in early intervention has access to a variety of resources
focused on providing support.
Family Support activities are designed to:
- Build upon families' existing social networks and natural resources of support;
- Provide information to families on issues related to individual child development and
- Assist in parent to parent interaction;
- Encourage parent involvement in early intervention council activities; and
- Provide flexible funding to pay for items, equipment, or services that are a family
priority but for which there is no other source of payment.
For more information on Family Support contact:
Kathy Pierson, Family Support Partner