How are Referrals Made?
You, the parent, (or with the parent's permission) can contact Infant &
Toddler Connection of the New River Valley (ITCNRV) to make a referral.
What Information is Needed to Make a Referral?
- Child's name, gender, and date of birth
- Name, address, and telephone number of the parent(s) or legal guardian
- Reason for referral (child has suspected or confirmed developmental delay or disability)
- Your name and telephone number
The transmittal of confidential information, such as the nature of the child's
condition, requires written parental consent.
- A developmental screening and/or a more detailed evaluation and assessment of the
child's development will be conducted at no cost to the family.
- The family is not obligated to accept services.
- If the child and family are found eligible for participation in the system, the family
will guide the development of an Individualized Family
Service Plan (IFSP) that identifies the services and supports needed to promote the
- No children or family is denied services and supports identified on the IFSP due to
an inability to pay.