Social Media Goals
The Office of Web Strategy and Interactive Media has established goals to aid in the development of strategies around social media. Those goals include:
- Supporting university recruitment efforts
- Engendering pride in Radford University among students, faculty, staff and alumni
- Engaging parents with the university
- Helping alumni feel connected to their alma mater
- Accelerating the sense of belonging for incoming students
- Sharing accurate university information in real-time
- Pursuing new marketing touch points
How We Reach Our Goals
We participate. We check social networking sites every hour and engage with fans through status updates, comments and tweets. We are careful not to spam our audiences and to use metrics to guide our practices.
We use social media to create advocates for Radford University by being active on the social media platforms we manage and creating new content to engage our audiences.
We respond. When visitors interact with our messages or send us messages through social media channels, we are prepared to help. We answer questions in real-time and use desktop applications like TweetDeck or HootSuite to respond to tweets and re-tweet relevant info as it comes in.
We keep up with technology. As social networks gain momentum, we investigate the potential ROI of the channel and determine whether it is worthy of an investment of our time.