Student Counseling Services (SCS) provides free, confidential, mental health services for eligible students. SCS supports the academic mission by providing learning opportunities for students to grow as individuals, to form deeper relationships with their peers and to develop as successful members of our community and society at large.
Please reach out to our office to schedule your first appointment through e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (540-831-5226), or stopping by our office in the lower level of Tyler Hall.
*You must present a valid photo ID (Radford ONE Card, Driver's License, etc.) at your first face-to-face or tele-behavioral health appointment.
Want to talk to someone right away?
If you are in crisis (risk of hurting yourself and/or others, and/or experiencing hallucinations of any kind):
- Please come to our office immediately for assistance. We are open Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- When our office is closed, you can contact community resources, such as RUPD, NRVCS Access, and more. Learn more about community crisis resources.
If you are not in crisis, but could benefit from talking to someone:
- Please visit Let's Talk to have a one-on-one, informal (but still confidential!) consultation with a counselor. There is no appointment or paperwork necessary, and is first come, first served. This program runs Monday - Thursday from 3 a.m. - 5 p.m in Heth Hall 019!
- Learn more information about Let's Talk.
- To discuss more options and resources available to you, please call our office at 540-831-5226 Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Radford University Carilion (RUC) students seeking counseling services and support should contact the RUC Student Affairs Office at 540-831-1663.