Veterans Information

Veterans and Dependents

The University Registrar's Office provides information for all veteran benefits and their dependents.  We process all official certification of enrollment and program changes to the Department of Veterans Affairs in Buffalo, N.Y.  Please contact our office if you have any questions.

Procedure for Payment Deferment for Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill Dependents

In view of the large number of dependent applications received by Veterans Affairs (VA) under the Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits, and the potential for delays in the receipt of the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) forms, Radford University will defer payment and waive late fees for fall Semester or the spring semester upon the presentation of the following documents:

  1. Screenshot of the DOD Transferability of Education Benefits (TEB) website showing a Request Approved status. 
  2. Copy of the dependent’s submitted VA Form 22-1990E, Application for Transfer of Entitlement (TOE).

This documentation must be submitted to the Student Accounts Office, Box 6922, Radford, VA 24142.  Documentation may also be submitted by fax to (540) 831-5501 or as an email attachment to  The Student Accounts Office will then notify the Registrar's Office.

Payment of tuition and fees will be deferred to 45 days after payment deadline.  The deferment may be extended another 30 days upon written request or email sent to the contact information above with an update on the status of the application.

Application Procedures for Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) Benefits

Application Procedures for Post 9/11 Chapter 33 GI Bill:

  • Individuals may apply for benefits under the Post-9/11(CH33) GI Bill online through the GI Bill website using Form 22-1990.
  • Once approved for CH33 benefits you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Please submit a copy of this COE to the Office of the Registrar.

Application Procedures for Transferring Post 9/11 Chapter 33 benefits to dependents:

  • Please visit the GI Bill website for instructions on how to transfer Post 9/11 CH33 benefits to a spouse or dependents.
  • Once approved for transfer of CH33 benefits through the DOD, and a dependent child or spouse has applied and been approved for benefits using form 22-1990E, he/she will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the Dept. of Veterans Affairs in his/her name. Please submit a copy of this COE to the Office of the Registrar.


Radford University will offer the Yellow Ribbon Program to 2 Undergraduate and 2 Graduate Students beginning with the 2015-16 academic.  The total funds allocated by Radford University for each academic year will be $1,000.00 per student ($500.00 per semester fall/spring).  The Department of Veteran’s Administration will match the contribution made by Radford University.

In order to submit an application for the Yellow Ribbon Program at Radford University you must meet the following criteria:
    • Must be 100% eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) and submit a Certificate of
      Eligibility (COE) showing this benefit.
    • Must not be on active duty.
    • Must be charged out-of-state tuition and not covered under The Choice Act Section 702 for
      in-state tuition rates.
    • Must be in good academic standing.
    • Must be enrolled in a VA approved degree seeking program.
    • Must remain continuously enrolled with no break in enrollment (with the exception of the
      summer and the Wintermester sessions).

Yellow Ribbon Applications for the 2015-16 Academic Year will be accepted beginning Friday, July 31, 2015 until 5p.m. on Friday, August 7, 2015.

Radford University Yellow Ribbon Program Application for the 2015-16 Academic Year

Yellow Ribbon Information through the GI Bill website:

2015-16 Yellow Ribbon FAQ

Contact Information

Gail Wright is the primary veterans information contact person in the Registrar's Office. She can be reached during our regular office hours at:

Phone: (540) 831-6131
Fax: (540) 831-6642