Steps to Registration

Thank you for registering for classes at Radford University! We look forward to assisting you through the registration process and as you make progress toward your degree. Please read the information below to ensure a successful registration process.

Refer back to this page as often as you need to for instructions and information about how to view the class schedule, how to register, and how to use other registration features.

Step 1: Consider what classes you want to take

Have an idea of what classes you want to register for including date, time, and location. Have a back up plan, too, in case the class you want is unavailable. The earlier you register during your registration window, the better the chances are you will get a class that suits your schedule. Add your courses to your plan using the Plan Your Schedule tool to make registration even easier.

Step 2: Connect with your advisor and get your PIN

Undergraduate Students: Connect with your faculty or professional advisor before registration begins to receive your registration PIN. The PIN is needed in order to register for classes.  If your advisor or advising center does not have your registration PIN, please have them contact the registrar’s office. 

Graduate Students: You do not need a registration PIN in order to register for classes.

Step 3: Know your registration start time

Undergraduate student registration is prioritized according to student classification. Example: seniors register before juniors, juniors register before sophomores, and so on.

Graduate Students: You do not have priority registration.  All graduate students will begin registering the first day of registration and can register through the census date of the given term.

Step 4: Time to register

It's simple. Log into OneCampus, search for add classes, and choose the Add or Drop Classes tile. Once you click that icon, choose the Register for Classes link, select the term you want to register for, and you are on your way to completing registration.

Registration Tutorials

Plan Your Schedule

Use the Plan Your Schedule tool to create a registration plan for the upcoming term. This will help you prepare for your registration advising appointment and make it easier to register for classes once your registration time begins.

How to Waitlist a Course

Is the course you want to take next semester full? Watch this tutorial to learn how to be added to the waitlist for a course and what happens when seats become available.

Register for Classes

Want to know how to register for classes? This tutorial will guide you through the process of class registration.

Degree Works Planner

The Degree Works Planner is an amazing tool to use in conjunction with your advisor, to plan out your course road map from now until graduation! This planning helps to ensure that courses are taken in the necessary order to meet prerequisites and graduate on time. Check out this video for guided instructions on how to use the Degree Works Planner.

Registration Resources