Commencement Dates and Deadlines
December 2019 Dates & Deadlines
Important Undergraduate and Graduate dates and deadlines that will affect the conferral of your degree (your graduation) are shown below. It is your responsibility as a student to ensure that the deadlines shown here, in the undergraduate and graduate catalogs, on course syllabi, and other university websites are met.
• TODAY: Undergraduate students, you should have already checked the online degree audit to ensure you have met your graduation requirements.
• November 15, 2019: Graduate students: Thesis/Dissertation draft copy is due to the Graduate College Editor. Electronically submitted for review through the McConnell Library Repository.
• December 6, 2019: Graduate students: All information pertaining to your academic record must be completed by this date. This includes incomplete grade changes, program changes, comprehensive exam reports, and thesis defense reports.
• December 12, 2019: Thesis/Dissertation final copy is due to the Graduate College Editor. Electronically submitted for review through the McConnell Library Repository.
• December 13, 2019: Graduate Hooding Ceremony
• December 14, 2019: Commencement
• February 4, 2020: All incomplete "I" grades for undergraduate students must be graded and submitted by faculty to the registrar's office. If your grade is not submitted, you will be deleted from graduation and will need to contact the Registrar's Office immediately.
• February 4, 2020: All students: If you completed your final courses at another school with prior permission of Radford University, an OFFICIAL transcript that reflects successful completion of the course must be received by the Registrar's Office. Also, ALL incomplete grades must be completed and delivered to the Registrar's office to be eligible for graduation.
All transcripts must be mailed to the following address:
P.O. Box 6904
Radford, VA 24142
Please note: Undergraduate transfer work must be completed with a grade of "C" or better and graduate student transfer coursework must be completed with a grade of "B" or better.