DNCE 305: High-Intermediate Ballet
Credit Hours: (2) Six hours technique
Prerequisite: DNCE 205
Based on the Vagonova System, a scientific, thorough, and highly expressive classical ballet training method. Increasingly complex barre and centre practice, including adagio and allegro techniques on a high intermediate-level.
Note(s): May be taken multiple times for credit.
Detailed Description of Content of Course
Begin to learn big jumps (i.e grand allegro) and more advanced beats. Addition of double turns to tours in grand poses.
- Battement Battu sur le cou-de-pied
- Tours in all grand poses en dehors and en dedans (double turns)
- Grand Fouette
- Renverse en dehors and en dedans
- Grand Temps Releve
- Tours Chaines (16 turns)
- Grand Pirouettes (8 turns) for boys
- Jete Battu with traveling (1/2 turns)
- Pas Ballotte
- Double Rond de Jambe En L’air
- Saut De Basque
- Jete Entrelace
- Grand Fouette
- Sissonne Ouverte Battu (for boys)
Detailed Description of Conduct of Course
A professional approach in which the Vagonova Method of training in classical theory and technique is taught to and practiced by the student on a high-intermediate level.
Goals and Objectives of the Course
At the conclusion of the course, the student will:
1. Demonstrate technical competency leading to an advanced level of work.
2. Be able to analyze principles of dance technique verbally or in written form.
Assessment measures may include direct observation, digital/videotaping for analysis, class attendance, practical and written examinations.
Other Course Information
Review and Approval
Revised April, 2009
June 20, 2015