1. Catalog Entry
Credit hours (1)
Prerequisites: One semester of DNCE 205
This course is based on the Vagonova System, a scientific, thorough and highly expressive classical ballet training method. Concentrates on the fundamentals of pointe technique, using specific exercises to develop strength, proper alignment and correct execution.
2. Detailed Description of Course
1) Releve 1st, 2nd, and 5th position
2) Echappe 2nd and 4th positions
3) Pas de Bourree Simple
4) Pas de Bourree Dessus-Dessous
7) Releve sur le cou-de-pied
8) Jete (all Directions)
3. Detailed Description of Conduct of Course
A professional approach based on the Vagonova Method of Training of pointe technique which allows the beginning student to gain competency in basic pointe work.
4. Goals and Objectives of the Course
At the conclusion of the course, the student will:
1) Demonstrate a beginning level competency in classical pointe technique.
2) Demonstrate a beginning level ability to perform an appropriate classical variation or set of combinations.
5. Assessment Measures
1) Daily observation of students in class
2) Class discussion
3) Digital/videotaping for analysis
4) Skills tests
6. Other Course Information
Review and Approval
April 23, 2014
June 20, 2015