DNCE 101: Beginning Pointe
Prerequisites: One semester of DNCE 205
Credit hours (1)
This course is based on the Vagonova System, a scientific, thorough and highly expressive classical ballet training method. Concentrates on the fundamentals of pointe technique, using specific exercises to develop strength, proper alignment and correct execution.
Note(s): May be taken multiple times for credit
Detailed Description of Course
1) Releve 1st, 2nd, and 5th position
2) Echappe 2nd and 4th positions
3) Pas de Bourree Simple
4) Pas de Bourree Dessus-Dessous
7) Releve sur le cou-de-pied
8) Jete (all Directions)
Detailed Description of Conduct of Course
A professional approach based on the Vagonova Method of Training of pointe technique which allows the beginning student to gain competency in basic pointe work.
Goals and Objectives of the Course
At the conclusion of the course, the student will:
1) Demonstrate a beginning level competency in classical pointe technique.
2) Demonstrate a beginning level ability to perform an appropriate classical variation or set of combinations.
1) Daily observation of students in class
2) Class discussion
3) Digital/videotaping for analysis
4) Skills tests
Other Course Information
Review and Approval
February 13, 2017
June 20, 2015
April 23, 2014