Information Technology 490
ITEC 490: IT Professionalism
Prerequisite: Senior standing in Computer Science and Technology or Information Science and Systems
Credit Hours: (1)
A seminar series designed to aid in the transition from the university to the workplace. Includes topics in resume preparation, research, ethics, and oral and written communication.
Detailed Description of Content of Course
1. Resume preparation
2. Professional ethics
3. Library research
4. Written presentation of research
5. Oral presentation of research
Detailed Description of Conduct of Course
Class lecture and discussion sessions present best practices for resume preparation. Students study and discuss professional ethics. Students conduct research and present findings orally and in writing.
Goals and Objectives of the Course
Students who complete this course will be able to:
1. Prepare an effective resume.
2. Research, write and deliver a professional presentation on a research topic of current interest in the Information Technology field.
3. Articulate a considered ethical viewpoint on current issues within the Information Technology field with the goal of helping the student develop their own personal code of ethics.
Student achievement is measured by evaluation of homework assignments, papers, and oral presentation skills.
Other Course Information
Review and Approval
September 2001 Updated John P. Helm, Chair