Exercise, Sport and Health Education 375
ESHE 375: Event and Facility management
Credit Hours: (3)
Addresses the principles and procedures involved in sports facility and event management. Special emphasis will be given to sports event planning, production, and evaluation.
Detailed Description of Course
To study the planning, development and management of sport facilities and events. Content will address event management, marketing and promotion, and design, planning and administration of facilities.
Detailed Description of Conduct of Course
• class driven lecture
• class discussions
• group and individual exercises
• experiential activity of event management
• written assignments
• PowerPoint/Prezi presentations
• current relevant literature
• case studies
Student Goals and Objectives of the Course
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
• Explain the role of events in society and the history of sporting events.
• Plan, execute, and manage events.
• Create basic promotional and marketing materials for a sporting event.
• Analyze effective risk management of facilities and events.
• Plan and manage sport facilities and equipment.
• Explain current trends in sport facilities and equipment.
• Analyze facility designs and drawings.
• Financially manage events and facilities.
• Written exams
• Experiential event planning
• Oral presentations
• Class discussions
• Written projects
Review and Approval